Author Topic: Equipment  (Read 11816 times)

Offline Bill

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
Equipment
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 11:05:21 pm »
No dont take the paint off. Just let me see it first and I will decide if I want it off or not. tks.

Offline sporto

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
    • http://GD-2.com
Equipment
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 07:50:33 pm »
Bill, just a little input:

#1- take your helmet purchase very seriously, it has taken me years and a shitload of helmets to find the right helmet, and in ways they still have flaws. The one thing i look for is no chincup, they are uncomfortable and they make you look silly. When it comes to putting a audible in your helmet, get it to use as a audible altitude indicator.

#2- audibles; get a audible for its use, spend the money on a Neptune or something along that line, which will give you all of your speeds and times right there on your wrist in the landing area.  I find it a pain in the ass to have to rip my gear apart everytime just to get information out of my audible.

#3- When you are going to buy equipment, get recommendations from jumpers at the DZ who have spent the time and have the experience to guide you to the best choices. I have spent alot of time finding the right answer in gear choices, and sometimes its the little things that make the big diffrence. This really comes into play with Rigs and jumpsuits. Try not to reinvent the wheel, there are jumpers at the DZ who have made the mistakes which will hopefully keep you from making the same mistakes. Try not to base any purchases on price or the amount of time it takes you to get it.

If you have any questions feel free to Email me.