Author Topic: Equipment  (Read 12011 times)

Offline Bill

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
Equipment
« on: November 15, 2006, 10:19:26 pm »
I need a visual and audible altimeter soon, before the end of Nov. I was checking on the internet and almost bought a set. But I figured I would ask first. Angrybrit Any on discount? Anybody selling a extra one.. Let me know..

MissAnn1320

Re: Equipment
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 08:47:17 am »
Quote from: "Bill"
I need a visual and audible altimeter soon, before the end of Nov. I was checking on the internet and almost bought a set. But I figured I would ask first. Angrybrit Any on discount? Anybody selling a extra one.. Let me know..

Bill!  I told you silly I have an extra visual you can have that is silver/purple (more silver than purple though) that I bought on Ebay for like $90.. tell you what buy by me 2 or 3 jumps in Eloy or Orlando and it's all yours!

Offline Bill

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
Equipment
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 10:08:29 am »
You did? LOL that must of been when I was on the ladder. Before I made it down to the ground I must have had the phone in my hand. Sorry.  Seriously I do that alot to my customers. Ya thats cool. 3 jumps sound fair to me.........I still need a audible for my Bonehead.. Any body?

Offline Allison

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Equipment
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 10:37:13 am »
Bill, did you try the classified ads on dropzone.com? I don't know exactly what kind you're looking for, but I got my ProDytter there for $50 earlier this year, and they have ProTracks and/or Neptunes sometimes too. If you don't see what you want, post a "wanted" ad - I've found things that way too.

MissAnn1320

Equipment
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 10:37:31 am »
You did? LOL that must of been when I was on the ladder. Before I made it down to the ground I must have had the phone in my hand. Sorry.  Seriously I do that alot to my customers. Ya thats cool. 3 jumps sound fair to me.........I still need a audible for my Bonehead.. Any body?

Altimaster Wave= $195

http://www.square1.com/Manufacturers/Square1/p1425.asp

Comes in lush colors like: pink, black, white, green, purple, red, orange!

MissAnn1320

Equipment
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 10:40:04 am »
OR  Try: http://www.square1.com/Manufacturers/Square1/p915.asp

$229 and that one shows your speed....

Offline Allison

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Equipment
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 11:30:45 am »
Bill-

Do you just want something that beeps at you? Or do you want it to also be able to function as a digital altimeter? Or do you want the logbook features? Or all of the above? You can spend anywhere from $50 or 60 to over 200 depending on what features you want, and if you care if it's new or used.

Offline Bill

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
Equipment
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 12:07:02 pm »
I really just want something to beep at me. Im not looking to spend much on it.. If I can find one that has everything for a good price then hell yes. But the $50 range is good enough for me...... For now anyway.

Offline Allison

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Equipment
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 12:15:37 pm »
I really just want something to beep at me. Im not looking to spend much on it.. If I can find one that has everything for a good price then hell yes. But the $50 range is good enough for me...... For now anyway.

Look here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/page.cgi?g=Altimeters%2Findex.html&d=1 (or www.dropzone.com and click on Classifieds and then on Altimeters if that doesnt' work).

There's a used ProDytter listed for $60. All they do is beep (at up to 3 different altitudes), but you can't beat the price. I love mine. They come from a company with a really good reputation for customer service.

There are also a couple of ProTracks and a Neptune listed for $150-200. These have all of the fancy log book features and stuff, plus they beep at you.

All of these take special batteries, and if you buy used there's a good chance you'll have to replace them, but I'm sure you can get them at the gear store at Eloy.

Offline PETE

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
    • http://WWW.HOUSEOFAUTOPARTS.COM
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 12:40:42 pm »

If you dont want to spend alot, you should get the Pro-Dytter. I jump a visual, Pro-Dytter, and a Pro-track. I mainly use the audibles because I freefly. I use 2 just in case of a problem with one. I always have a visual just in case I have a problem with my audibles. I use my eyes before I depend on anything. Just my choice but I would get 1 audible and a visual for flat and 2 audibles and a visual for freeflying. That is just my opinion, I could be wrong
HELLFISH #429
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ

Offline Bill

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
Equipment
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 05:23:30 pm »
Thanks for the info.. Allison I tried to get that Pro-Dytter but I have to be a member for atleast 3 days. So hopefully its still there. Thankyou for that. PRE7117 is that for certian types of helmets or where would I put the second audible? I know I will become a freeflyer when its time, so that is something I might consider.

Offline PETE

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
    • http://WWW.HOUSEOFAUTOPARTS.COM
Equipment
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 05:56:18 pm »
Thanks for the info.. Allison I tried to get that Pro-Dytter but I have to be a member for atleast 3 days. So hopefully its still there. Thankyou for that. PRE7117 is that for certian types of helmets or where would I put the second audible? I know I will become a freeflyer when its time, so that is something I might consider.

Most freefly helmets that I have seen have 2 pockets either on the outside or inside on each ear. Mine are on the outside and they are easy to check in flight but if not secure can be knocked off by the risers. You also have to make sure they are not right in your ear, they are loud. Most guys might tell you one is good, but I feel better with 2. this is one style with one on each ear on the outside. http://www.square1.com/manufacturers/square1/p1029.asp
HELLFISH #429
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ

Offline Bill

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
Equipment
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 06:25:54 pm »
Dam!!! I just bought a helmet from Franz. It nice and it will do for now. But my next helmet....ya

Offline Bill

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 09:21:17 pm »
Quote from: "MissAnn1320"

Bill!  I told you silly I have an extra visual you can have that is silver/purple (more silver than purple though) that I bought on Ebay for like $90.. tell you what buy by me 2 or 3 jumps in Eloy or Orlando and it's all yours!

Ann I must ask. Is that visual the kind that you put threw a finger. I should of asked that earlier. That is the style im looking for....if so great!

MissAnn1320

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 06:42:48 am »
Quote from: "MissAnn1320"

Ann I must ask. Is that visual the kind that you put threw a finger. I should of asked that earlier. That is the style im looking for....if so great!

Yes sir it looks like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Altimaster-Galaxy-III-Skydiving-Altimeter-Green_W0QQitemZ320050241773QQihZ011QQcategoryZ106980QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320050241773

I don't remember if that is the brand or not- but yet iit loops through your fingure.  It's the one I bought that was purple and painted it silver... I can take the paint off if you'd rather have it all purple....