Author Topic: EOY Safety  (Read 8629 times)

Offline bottles

• Has more than 2 cents
EOY Safety
« on: October 26, 2006, 07:22:10 pm »
With the end of year party coming up, and miss ann on her way to moral and ethical damnation, i thought it might be good to look at safety issues surrounding the end of year party.

I'm gonna get the ball rolling....other vetrans please feel free to add.

Day time events:
Where a helmet....use a full face. Always use protection.

Evening events:
Do not bring your parents.

Always use protection....see day time events......

Burn salve is a good idea.

Write the directions to your car, trailer or b-building on your hand. That way you will have no excuse in the morning....

Acetone removes sharpy...

If you do not want to misplace any undergarments...dont start with any!

carry on......

:lol:

Offline jimo

• Regulars & Staff
  • Kinda chatty
EOY Safety
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 08:31:47 pm »
Yes all good however, remember the three big ones that my hero Shicker lives by and you cant go wrong:
1. Fire burns.
2. Cars hurt.
3. You cant fly!

Any injury sustained outside of the three essential rules is trivial, or we can add a fourth.

Offline Chrissy

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
EOY Safety
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 11:01:07 pm »
Bottles, thanks for bringing up this important matter.  

First, I just want to emphasize the importance of, if you don't want to lose it, then don't wear it.  Please see exhibit #1

Exhibit #1
[/img]

Next, don't be the first to pass out.  See exhibit #2

Exhibit #2 [please note that noone was harmed making this photo, and yes, his shoes are glued together]

When building a human pyramid, if you can't climb to the top then you have to settle for second row.. See exhibit #3

Exhibit #3

And most importantly, just because something has wheels on it, it does not necessarily make it a stable mode of transportation. See exhibit #4

Exhibit #4

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
  • Will someone PLEASE tell me what is going on?!?!
EOY Safety
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 11:07:16 pm »
For the love of god keep a drink in your hand. If you have to put down your drink to do something you probably should not be doing it. It will be much safer when this urge hits to just take another sip.  :D

Offline Sheehan

• Kinda chatty
EOY Safety
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 10:03:38 am »
Quote from: "Chrissy"
Bottles, thanks for bringing up this important matter.  

First, I just want to emphasize the importance of, if you don't want to lose it, then don't wear it.  Please see exhibit #1

Exhibit #1
[/img]

Here Chrissy is demonstrating that wearing a helmet doesn't mean you can't make a fashion statement too.

(Her helmet drives all the Darbies crazy!)

I have pictures of another unnamed DZO making a fashion statement [cough] Mark [cough], but luckily I don't have my camera on me.

Sheehan

Offline Foster

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
EOY Safety
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 11:11:41 am »
Quote from: "Chrissy"

Next, don't be the first to pass out.  See exhibit #2

Exhibit #2 [please note that noone was harmed making this photo, and yes, his shoes are glued together]

Brilliant!!!   Of all the times I've had the good fortune of fuking with the person that passed out first I've never considered gluing the shoes together!!   But I must say the lack of shaving cream is disappointing...

Offline bottles

• Has more than 2 cents
EOY Safety
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 12:19:33 pm »
RYAN! I was hoping you would grace us with some suggestions.

You must have a few more bits of advice.....right....reese?

Offline kristen

• Regulars & Staff
  • Kinda chatty
EOY Safety
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 01:26:01 pm »
Have your camera (video or still) with you at all times.  You'll be sure to get some good ones.

**I realize this isn't a safety tip...unless of course you get attacked by someone/thing and you use your camera as self defense (ie swinging it like a purse to hit the attacker or possibly flashing the flash in their eyeballs to escape. Or maybe even devising a great escape plan like....Ok, so you start getting attacked and you're like "oh wow, this is hot. oh yeah. attack me harder" and this throws the attacker off, right. so he/she is all "oh really? you like that?" and you respond by saying something like how you've got this great camera in your hand that could probably capture some great moments between you two if only you went to your trailer for better lighting.  So the attacker agrees, right, and as you pass by the bonfire you shout, "Ok. Good night. I'm passing out now."  The attacker thinks you're just making sure no one will be interrupting you two so you're in the clear in their eyes.  By the time you make it back to the trailer, you know that in like 1-2 minutes a pile of people will be coming in to...well...pile you.  And so, like clockwork, they come in, the attacker freaks out and a)pushes his/her way through the crowd and runs away forever or b)us skydivers find something sick/cruel/funny/disgusting to do with him/her. Either way your safe.)**

So yeah, I'll have mine on me all night.

Offline Jeremy

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
  • Packer Extraordinaire
EOY Safety
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 02:03:48 pm »
I have pictures of another unnamed DZO making a fashion statement [cough] Mark [cough], but luckily I don't have my camera on me.

Luckily, I do :twisted:

Edited by Chrissy for inappropriate photo.  haha, the powers of a moderator. :lol:

Offline Sheehan

• Kinda chatty
EOY Safety
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 03:09:25 pm »
Mark is also demonstrating the importance of a helmet (and the need for support in the...err...upper chest region).  See, our DZOs are trying to set a good example for the rest of us.

I am sure that Goatboy and Cindy will follow suit and show us how 'safe' they can be too.

Ahhhh yes.  End of the season.  That magical time of year, where we can almost guarantee a trip to the hospital.  I've got $5 or Ryan to win, Jeremy to place, and Crackmonkey to show.

Sheehan

Offline Magpye

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
EOY Safety
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 09:00:27 am »
I've got $5 or Ryan to win, Jeremy to place, and Crackmonkey to show.

I don't know Sheehan. Adam ALWAYS makes a good show of things and Goat did fall off his own trailer steps and injure himself last weekend. Although perhaps if he'd taken the appropriate saftey percautions (demonstrated by Chrissy and Mark) he would have come out unscathed.

Kristen, you ever consider being a writer! I am most impressed by your imagination!
just call me Captain

Offline Chrissy

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
EOY Safety
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 11:30:24 am »
Quote from: "Magpye"
I've got $5 or Ryan to win, Jeremy to place, and Crackmonkey to show.

I don't know Sheehan. Adam ALWAYS makes a good show of things and Goat did fall off his own trailer steps and injure himself last weekend. Although perhaps if he'd taken the appropriate saftey percautions (demonstrated by Chrissy and Mark) he would have come out unscathed.

Kristen, you ever consider being a writer! I am most impressed by your imagination!

If Adam has a canopy over his head (or attached to his vehicle), he is a shoe in.

Sheehan

(ha ha you can't tell if it is Chrissy or Sheehan!)