Author Topic: newish jumper  (Read 6031 times)

Offline matte

newish jumper
« on: May 07, 2011, 08:26:56 pm »
Hey all, not sure if this is a good spot to post this, but figured I would drop it in.  I am considering getting into skydiving and wanted to sort out what would be the best path.  I have 1 jump under my belt which I did out in Omaha, NE.  Essentially it was sort of a school setup where we took a two day course and a static line jump from 3500 ft.  Happened at the tail end of the season, and with a move the next year, I just never got back into it.  So with that 1 jump, where would I stand going here? 

Offline matte

Re: newish jumper
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 08:37:56 pm »
Also another quick question, is there a minimum age for jump training?  Our 17 year old is interested in trying it and wanted to ask.  Thanks in advance!

Offline Flyerer

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 07:59:03 am »
Welcome to the area. Tecumseh is a great place to learn the sport and jump.  I'm relatively new myself (took my jump course two years ago for Father's Day.

You should call the drop-zone-anyone who answers the phone will be able to direct you to the appropriate staff member to answer any questions you may have.

Good luck.
"Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant" Justice Louis Brandeis

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
  • Will someone PLEASE tell me what is going on?!?!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 10:49:11 pm »
Hey all, not sure if this is a good spot to post this, but figured I would drop it in.  I am considering getting into skydiving and wanted to sort out what would be the best path.  I have 1 jump under my belt which I did out in Omaha, NE.  Essentially it was sort of a school setup where we took a two day course and a static line jump from 3500 ft.  Happened at the tail end of the season, and with a move the next year, I just never got back into it.  So with that 1 jump, where would I stand going here? 

Hey Matte Welcome,
If you have already done a skydive and know you want to get licensed I would suggest you enroll in our student program. Right now we only offer AFF but IAD should be coming soon. You can read up on these two here:
http://www.skydivetecumseh.com/skydive-training/accelerated-freefall.html
 http://www.skydivetecumseh.com/skydive-training/instructor-assisted-deployment.html

It sounds like your 1st jump was long enough ago that you will take the 1st jump course again (usually 4 - 6 hours). Your jump will count towards your 25 jump minimum for your A license if it can be verified (Log book or certificate will do). Call the DZ at 517-423-7720 to enroll in a course.

Our policy is 18 years or older to skydive.

Welcome again and I will see you at the DZ.

Ryan

Offline matte

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:59:18 am »
Hey all, thanks for the quick responses.  I did see all that information after I had posted to the forums, but I appreciate the help.  I will likely be calling soon.  I work a ton, so it may be a bit before I can make it out there.  Thanks again and hope to meet up with a few people out that way!