Author Topic: Uncurrent  (Read 6204 times)

Offline jimo

• Regulars & Staff
  • Kinda chatty
Uncurrent
« on: April 03, 2006, 09:45:57 am »
Alright, I will pay the beer for being the first to post in this catagory, eventhough I am about as uncurrent as I'm going ot get. I am reverting back to basic drills, 90s and 180s. Anybody have a good canopy refresher exercize they would recomend?

Offline kristen

• Regulars & Staff
  • Kinda chatty
Uncurrent
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 12:30:13 am »
how about going straight in from 1000 feet. i have become a big fan of that so far.

im scrrd

Offline jimo

• Regulars & Staff
  • Kinda chatty
Uncurrent
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 02:43:23 pm »
:shock: Don't say "go in" thats just mean. I thought we were friends?

Offline kristen

• Regulars & Staff
  • Kinda chatty
Uncurrent
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 03:34:39 pm »
i said "going straight in" which technically isnt saying go in.  so we are still friends.  unless you disagree with me again. then were done.

Offline sporto

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
    • http://GD-2.com
Uncurrent
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 11:31:58 am »
Hop and pops, hop and pops, hop and pops. Focus on jumps that only focus on the canopy side of things. Also open high, use a Neptune and get a feel for your altitude lost when doing 90, 180, and 270 degree turns, it will help you with your judgement for your final turn to your entry point. Your entry point being where you want to start your 90,180, or 270. You should try to fly the same pattern every time in the early stages, this is much easier on a hop and pop, do to no traffic if you plan it correctly.

Offline Chrissy

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Uncurrent
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 10:47:12 pm »
Those are some great tips.  Can we get a Sporto tip of the day everyday?  I want to learn how to swoopy swoopy my canopy better.  :shock:  :D