Author Topic: advice for video editing software  (Read 6219 times)

Offline Jeromy

• Has more than 2 cents
    • AEworks.com
advice for video editing software
« on: February 21, 2009, 01:14:39 pm »
I use Paint dot Net for editing still images, it's a handy, and free, program that does a lot..  but, it doesn't do video...  any tips for any free, but useful, video editing programs..  I've tried windows movie maker, but i don't care for it much...  anything else out there worth using? 

whatever will i do to entertain myself on cloudy days....

Offline Jeremy

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
  • Packer Extraordinaire
Re: advice for video editing software
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 01:43:32 pm »
I downloaded AVS Video Editor about a year ago at www.giveawayoftheday.com. I'm not sure if you can still download the full version anywhere for free or not, but it might be worth looking into. It's a pretty basic editor. Doesn't do anything special and it's not very user friendly, but you can't beat free (unless you want to get a cracked version of Adobe/Final Cut Pro).

Offline Foster

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 11:21:57 am »
Depends on the type of video you'll be editing... if its DV then I like Adobe but if its AVCHD Sony Vegas is supposed to be the best.

Offline Evan

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 02:45:49 pm »
Depends on the type of video you'll be editing... if its DV then I like Adobe but if its AVCHD Sony Vegas is supposed to be the best.

The new version of Adobe Premiere (CS4) now includes native support for AVCHD along with the cheaper (more consumer oriented) Premiere Elements 7...

Offline Foster

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 11:34:23 am »

The new version of Adobe Premiere (CS4) now includes native support for AVCHD along with the cheaper (more consumer oriented) Premiere Elements 7...

Took em long enough!  thanks for the info Evan now I just need to find the torrent ;D

Offline Franz

• DZO
  • Soapbox in back pocket
    • http://www.stuntphoto.com
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 10:36:21 am »

Took em long enough!  thanks for the info Evan now I just need to find the torrent ;D

Well, I just ordered myself a CX100 and Premiere Pro CS4 so we can see what all the fuss is about!