Author Topic: Swoop Club Schedule 2009  (Read 9657 times)

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
  • Will someone PLEASE tell me what is going on?!?!
Swoop Club Schedule 2009
« on: February 06, 2009, 12:02:05 am »
All right people, it is time to start thinking about the upcoming season. Specifically the swoop club schedule. It will be on Sunday mornings about once a month. what days are good for everybody? I'll start by throwing out the third Sunday of every month (starting in April). how does that work for everyone? 

Offline Foster

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Re: Swoop Club Schedule 2009
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 11:41:42 am »
cant wait to get my medal this year!!!  You gonna be around Ryan?

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 02:02:06 pm »
Yep. I will be here this season. Franz and I were just laying out the requirements for the swoop pond yesterday. Its going to be a great year!!!

Offline Max

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 08:58:34 pm »
how soon can a novice get into that?  I'm pretty excited about learning some advanced canopy stuff.

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 10:20:22 pm »
We advertise that it is for all skill levels but I think that was before someone on student status inquired about it.  ;) The Swoop course is on the experienced side of the landing area which requires at least 50 jumps to land on that side. This is in no way an endorsement to swoop after 50 jumps but you are welcome to come jump with us at that point and improve your canopy skills. Until then remember to ask any and all questions you have on your canopy flight to your instructors. It is part of their job to mentor you on canopy flight also.

As for the specifics of canopy progression, come see me, or anouther instructor, in person and I can go through it in depth. I will be at safety day or around the DZ.

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 12:56:18 am »
So I added the tentative Swoop Club schedule to the Skydive Tecumseh Google Calendars. Dates are as stated tentative. Let me know if you want to participate and can not make some dates.

Offline Jeromy

• Has more than 2 cents
    • AEworks.com
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 04:34:59 pm »
The Swoop course is on the experienced side of the landing area which requires at least 50 jumps to land on that side.

I thought it was a 100 jumps to land on the west side of the runway... or was that just for me and my supreme canopy landing skills?

(sssshhhhh don't mention the swamp or the night jump... franz might make me go back to the student area this season!!)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 04:37:28 pm by alex49201 »
whatever will i do to entertain myself on cloudy days....

Offline Allison

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 04:41:26 pm »
The Swoop course is on the experienced side of the landing area which requires at least 50 jumps to land on that side.

I thought it was a 100 jumps to land on the west side of the runway... or was that just for me and my supreme canopy landing skills?

(sssshhhhh don't mention the swamp or the night jump... franz might make me go back to the student area this season!!)

I also thought it was 100 jumps to land on that side - I was never told a specific number when I was new (but then I was the one who liked it on the student side, so I didn't ask!), but I've heard a lot of people say they were told 100 over the past couple of years. Although I've also heard that those rules didn't necessarily apply when it was just a 182 load. Perhaps that's something we could clarify at the beginning of the season this year?

Offline AnKaLi

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 07:10:20 pm »
I think its 100...unless, like Allison said, its a 182 load.

Landing on the student side is built for comfort, not for speed.
 ;D
I know thats right!!

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 07:28:34 pm »
My bad. I think for the last two years we were using 100 jumps as the determination. I just wrote 50 because that was the number used when I was a student. It will probably be 100 again this year. And yes we will make the announcement  at safety day.

Offline Big J

• Regulars & Staff
  • Kinda chatty
    • Heat of the Moment Event Photography
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 09:16:28 pm »
Yea in all my experience, its always been 100. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Hookahlvr

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 12:35:54 pm »
I would like to join your club, is there a secret handshake or something? Do those 100 jumps have to be in the last 5 years?

Mark M

Need good loving? Give me a call 734-657-1493
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 06:46:23 pm by Franz »

Offline Franz

• DZO
  • Soapbox in back pocket
    • http://www.stuntphoto.com
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 06:50:38 pm »
I would like to join your club, is there a secret handshake or something? Do those 100 jumps have to be in the last 5 years?

Mark M

Need rigging? Give me a call 734-657-1493

No free advertising!

Offline Chrissy

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 08:00:07 pm »

Mark M

No free advertising!

It's not like he is really going to rig anyway.  Translate that to: come drop off your rig in the depths of my basement then send someone in to steal it back

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 11:09:14 pm »

Mark M

Your too dangerous to swoop. You should land on the student side. On the bright side I do reccomend your rigging services. I mean, if someone is lucky enough to get their rig back I hear they don't have to pay you.  ;D ;)