Author Topic: Mid Season Review  (Read 10205 times)

Offline Foster

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Mid Season Review
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 04:10:28 pm »
Quote from: "AnKaLi"
I'll admit, I could use a definite review with spotting, especially with the caravan...

spotting is easy open door on red light dont bother looking out until green light then scream GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGGO

Offline Nic

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
Mid Season Review
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 04:39:12 pm »
Quote from: "Foster"
I'll admit, I could use a definite review with spotting, especially with the caravan...

spotting is easy open door on red light dont bother looking out until green light then scream GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGGO

That's not funny  :?
Be happy for this moment, for this moment is your life.

Offline PETE

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
    • http://WWW.HOUSEOFAUTOPARTS.COM
Mid Season Review
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 04:52:41 pm »
He right, I see so a lot of people wait for the light and exit. If you dont want to look for the spot at least look down to make sure you are somewhere near the DZ. I think we should do a test on a load for spotting. Dont tell anyone what load just flip the light on somewhere above Ann Arbor and see how many people get out before they figure out what is going on. I get lazy sometimes and forget to make sure on the spot. Thats one reason why it would be nice make sure we all know what is going on.
HELLFISH #429
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
  • Will someone PLEASE tell me what is going on?!?!
Mid Season Review
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 10:33:26 pm »
All great comments. I will try to get some things together and post a date soon. Thanks Evan for the links. This is all great conversation.

Offline AnKaLi

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Mid Season Review
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 08:52:01 am »
Quote from: "PRE7117"
He right, I see so a lot of people wait for the light and exit. If you dont want to look for the spot at least look down to make sure you are somewhere near the DZ. I think we should do a test on a load for spotting. Dont tell anyone what load just flip the light on somewhere above Ann Arbor and see how many people get out before they figure out what is going on. I get lazy sometimes and forget to make sure on the spot. Thats one reason why it would be nice make sure we all know what is going on.

I always make sure I know where the airport is...but the actual spot, I'm a bit rusty on that....
I know thats right!!

MissAnn1320

Mid Season Review
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 09:14:16 am »
Happy Friday!!!

Another critical component to review I think is making sure that folks are tracking in the right directions at the end of their dive (not with jump run).

On that same note, that if people fall out of a dive early and cannot catch the group they are still aware where the rest of group is etc (by doing a barrel roll and tracking the heck away, etc)... after all some collisions begin this way.

Just a few thoughts besides of the vital stuff that has been suggested!

Thanks!

Offline Allison

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Mid Season Review
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 07:48:38 pm »
Quote from: "MissAnn1320"
Happy Friday!!!

Another critical component to review I think is making sure that folks are tracking in the right directions at the end of their dive (not with jump run).

I agree that this is a very good idea on smaller jumps (i.e. 2-3 ways), but on larger jumps (more than 4) you are going to have at least one person tracking up or down jump run. Getting away from others in your group is priority #1. Exit separation SHOULD take care of staying away from other groups.

Of course for tracking dives/tracking practice/anyone doing more than the usual getting away from people at the end of a normal jump kind of tracking needs to be done perpendicular to jump run.

Offline AnKaLi

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Mid Season Review
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 10:58:59 am »
I think it might be a good idea to set a pattern direction on the student side as well, especially with all these new AFFer's running around...
I know thats right!!

Offline Jordan

• Regulars & Staff
  • Kinda chatty
Mid Season Review
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 12:39:04 pm »
I think it might be a good idea to set a pattern direction on the student side as well, especially with all these new AFFer's running around...

As long as I don't end up in the cornfield again...haha.

Offline PETE

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
    • http://WWW.HOUSEOFAUTOPARTS.COM
Mid Season Review
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 12:55:25 pm »
Quote from: "jman83"

BEER! first post  :lol:
HELLFISH #429
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ

Offline mandalynn

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
Mid Season Review
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 06:34:16 pm »
Quote from: "PRE7117"
Quote from: "jman83"

BEER! first post  :lol:

NOICE! NOICE! NOICE! NOICE! NOICE!
'm here