Author Topic: Water Training  (Read 22204 times)

MissAnn1320

Water Training
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 10:07:37 pm »
Quote from: "Rhanold"
May 4th is the next time that works for me. is everyone happy with that date?

Yes Shehe, I think we should do it if they want it that bad. everyone has to do something stupid at least this is only hypothermia.  :wink:  :shock:

I would like to do it that bad...

May 4th I'm at Skydive Suffolk and the following the 11th weekend I have weddings  :cry:

The Livonia Rec Center may allow it in the lap pool if it's a week day after 7:30pm... but I'm still game for 2-3 minutes of freezing my bod off!!

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
  • Will someone PLEASE tell me what is going on?!?!
Water Training
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 10:43:26 pm »
OK (Takes a deep breath), I really want to get you the training you request in the time you want however me listing dates is not working. Here is my proposal:

Like I said before the people who expressed some urgency in getting this training are Ann, Sergey, Paul, and Carrie. Please, talk it out amongst yourselves and come up with a date you can all meet.

Here is my schedule:

Can?t happen before April 20th. I work weekdays until about 6 PM in Clinton, I would like not to do it on Saturdays due to being busy at the DZ. I have swoop club on Sunday April 27th, May 18th, and June 29th. I can't do it fathers day weekend (June 14th and 15th). That covers all my ?can't do? dates in my schedule until July when the other water training is going to happen anyway.

As I said before, please start talking about a date when everyone can make it and I will find a place. PS (Livonia is a long way for me but if that?s what works good for everyone I will go there)

Blue Waters,  :wink:
Ryan

MissAnn1320

Water Training
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 10:48:01 pm »
Thanks Ryan-  Your efforts to accomedate us are totally appreciated!

Question though... if I were to find a spot in A2 how much space, time, etc does this event take if we were to do it inside?

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Water Training
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 10:53:28 pm »
Quote from: "MissAnn1320"
Thanks Ryan-  Your efforts to accomedate us are totally appreciated!

Question though... if I were to find a spot in A2 how much space, time, etc does this event take if we were to do it inside?

For 4 people about 40 to 50 min for the briefing and practical. 2 hours more for the beer consumption.  :wink:

Offline AnKaLi

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Water Training
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 11:22:19 pm »

The next time would be may 11th. I am targeting Sergey, Paul, Carrie, and Ann. what do you think about that date?

For everyone who can wait for warmer weather I am thinking the 6th or 13th of July.

Honestly if you all can work out dates without me thats cool, i can wait for warmer weather....I mean, haven't you guys heard me whine?!

I don't do cold well.....
I know thats right!!

Offline LAPaul

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Water Training
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 12:09:52 am »
Quote from: "detroitpaul"

Carrie's brothers gonna be in town that weekend, so I think we're going to try & make lots of jumps with him that day...  If thats the date everyone else wants we can pass it up again.

The next time would be may 11th. I am targeting Sergey, Paul, Carrie, and Ann. what do you think about that date?

For everyone who can wait for warmer weather I am thinking the 6th or 13th of July.

I could really wait till July.   I dont have any need to have anything more than an A since I'm not planning any high altitude jumps or beach landings....

If there will be a second training session later in the summer, don't worry about fitting me in...

Offline Sergey

• Kinda chatty
Water Training
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 08:50:18 am »
I have swoop club on Sunday April 27th, May 18th, and June 29th.  
Ryan

Forget about water training:) Please provide more details on that swoop club stuff! What's that?????  That might be more exciting than swimming in a cold pond with  F-111 all over you:)))))))))))

You mean the swoop club is going to gather on DZ on Sundays? What's the agenda? Are we gonna put gates and the swoop course and will be jumping competition-style?  Count me in;)

MissAnn1320

Water Training
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 11:39:52 am »
Booooo :-(

I'll find another DZ to the water training at then since no one is brave enough- as I need my B/C ASAP.  Thanks anyhow Ryan!

Offline Allison

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Water Training
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 12:01:27 pm »

I'll find another DZ to the water training at then since no one is brave enough- as I need my B/C ASAP.  Thanks anyhow Ryan!

What fabulous plans do you have that you need your B/C for? Beach jumps or something?

MissAnn1320

Water Training
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 12:15:32 pm »
Quote from: "Allison"

What fabulous plans do you have that you need your B/C for? Beach jumps or something?

Skydive Suffolk May 2-3rd then Coastal Carolinas 4-6th for beach jumps (they require C/D's).  So yah time is of the essence!

Offline Allison

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Water Training
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 12:20:14 pm »
Ahh, I see. Have fun! I've heard beach jumps are awesome, but I'm sure I would somehow find a way to land in the ocean.

Offline PETE

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
    • http://WWW.HOUSEOFAUTOPARTS.COM
Water Training
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 12:34:45 pm »

Skydive Suffolk May 2-3rd then Coastal Carolinas 4-6th for beach jumps (they require C/D's).  So yah time is of the essence!

Dont forget your floaties :D
HELLFISH #429
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ

Offline Sergey

• Kinda chatty
Water Training
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2008, 01:01:03 pm »

What if I tell you that sand is very bad for your canopy??? This abrasive material damages your ZP, when you pack your chute after landing.... Still want to land on a beach? :))))
Of course you can always go for the water landing instead:)))))
Don't forget to go big;)

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Water Training
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 01:17:44 pm »
Quote from: "Sergey"

Forget about water training:) Please provide more details on that swoop club stuff! What's that?????  That might be more exciting than swimming in a cold pond with  F-111 all over you:)))))))))))

You mean the swoop club is going to gather on DZ on Sundays? What's the agenda? Are we gonna put gates and the swoop course and will be jumping competition-style?  Count me in;)

I will be posting about swoop club soon but the dates are on the google calander.

Offline bottles

• Has more than 2 cents
Water Training
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2008, 01:26:41 pm »
Ryan, aren't you in florida...on vacation....with your wife.......

Do you really need to be posting?

Ms. Ann, this is not an insult but a reflection on your reaction ("brave enough"):

Not everyone can be at your beck and whim. And maybe if you stayed in a sport more than six months you would not be begging for people to rush around and help you get your way, but find most things seem to progress naturally the way they should.  Plus, some people are really trying to be welcoming and nice to (re-)new people. Putting them down...again.....will not help.

Peace.