Author Topic: Safety Day Saturday March 8th -- 11AM  (Read 15813 times)

Offline AnKaLi

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Safety Day Saturday March 8th -- 11AM
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 03:46:22 pm »
I'm not too worried about the cold, its Lake Tecumseh that has formed out there that scares me...especially once it freezes over!
I know thats right!!

Offline LAPaul

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 01:43:50 pm »
sheesh this is getting terrible.  I thought I was gonna be OK since we went to Eloy in January but I'm having a hard time focusing.  I think I'm starting to get a twitch.  I was over at Franz's the other nite and had to go drive thru the parking lot of the DZ, just because...

Now today we got a ton of snow.  I just want to go to bed until April.  So close but so far away...  :roll:

Offline PETE

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
    • http://WWW.HOUSEOFAUTOPARTS.COM
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 02:09:33 pm »
Quote from: "detroitpaul"
sheesh this is getting terrible.  I thought I was gonna be OK since we went to Eloy in January but I'm having a hard time focusing.  I think I'm starting to get a twitch.  I was over at Franz's the other nite and had to go drive thru the parking lot of the DZ, just because...

Now today we got a ton of snow.  I just want to go to bed until April.  So close but so far away...  :roll:

I told you about that!
HELLFISH #429
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ

Offline Nic

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 02:27:00 pm »

You know what's funny? When I went and got fitted for my jump suit at Franz's I did the same thing!  :lol:
Be happy for this moment, for this moment is your life.

Offline PETE

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 02:30:46 pm »
Quote from: "Nic"

You know what's funny? When I went and got fitted for my jump suit at Franz's I did the same thing!  :lol:

We all need our fix from crackman. Next time go on the runway and put the car in gear and stand on the roof with your helmet on. (w-video)
HELLFISH #429

Offline Foster

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 02:55:11 pm »
Quote from: "PRE7117"

We all need our fix from crackman. Next time go on the runway and put the car in gear and stand on the roof with your helmet on. (w-video)

Def w/video please!!!  I've driven to the dropzone several times just to be there...  but I only live 15 minutes away suckers!!!

Offline Nic

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 03:20:31 pm »

Are you the one that wanted me to get video driving w/ my helmet on and my head out the window of the car?  I need to get me a camera man... that would be funny...   :wink:
Be happy for this moment, for this moment is your life.

Offline LAPaul

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 04:05:51 pm »

I told you about that!

man I'm just leaving rouge right now.  If I knew where your work was, I woulda stopped by to call the dz voicemail with you...

Offline PETE

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 04:07:16 pm »

I told you about that!

man I'm just leaving rouge right now.  If I knew where your work was, I woulda stopped by to call the dz voicemail with you...

Speaking of that, I was just on the phone with the DZ :lol: If you are still in the area call me and I can give you directions
HELLFISH #429

Offline AnKaLi

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 11:38:53 am »
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...

We could get anywhere from 5-10 inches
 :(

Would Safety Day get pushed back if its crazy Saturday morning? The 1.5 hour drive in the snow doesn't sound fun....
I know thats right!!

Offline PETE

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 11:44:58 am »
Quote from: "AnKaLi"
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...

Would Safety Day get pushed back if its crazy Saturday morning? The 1.5 hour drive in the snow doesn't sound fun....

Since it is a Saturday and they are running out of salt, the roads wont be clean until Monday.
HELLFISH #429

Offline AnKaLi

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 11:47:21 am »

Since it is a Saturday and they are running out of salt, the roads wont be clean until Monday.

you'd think we lived in Georgia or something with the way they handle the roads here.
I know thats right!!

Offline Chrissy

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2008, 01:23:46 pm »

Yes, it might.  If it does, we will post something here and send out an email to our mailing list.

Offline mediummatt

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2008, 04:50:21 pm »

noooooo! I need to jump!

this is getting crazy. last night I had a dream about how we had perfect the weather was on safety day. the last paper I wrote was about skydiving, then today I was in class and when I looked at the window all I could think of was how to do the coolest diving exit out of it. and earlier this week I found myself in my room putting my helmet on just to think about jumping.

if I don't get to jump on safety day, I'm probably going to crap my pants. seriously.  And I hate shopping for new pants.  Its like one of the biggest wastes of time every.

Offline AnKaLi

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2008, 04:55:54 pm »

I like how all the chairs are left EXACTLY how they were on Oct. 28....
 :lol:
I know thats right!!