Author Topic: Ohio VRW team looking for a team member  (Read 7626 times)

Offline Chrissy

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Ohio VRW team looking for a team member
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:26:46 pm »
hey gang, I just thought I would pass this along, this team is looking for one more member so they can goto Nationals.

Email from Dave Lepka follows:

"VRW Team going to the 2008 Nationals in Eloy. We need one more inside flyer to complete our VRW team.

We're looking to do about 60 or 70 team training jumps, split up between four training weekends and a few days in Eloy before the competition. The exact dates will be determined once we have the team together, and we see what works for everyone.

The majority of our training will be done in Ohio, so we're looking for someone within a few states in any direction. The team will cover your travel costs, meals, and provide you with a place to stay for training weekends. All jumps, travel to nationals, and related costs at nationals are your responsibility.

The existing team consists of the members of Lunacy, the 2007 Intermediate Freefly gold medal winners, and myself on video.

You've all seen the VRW videos from the 2007 Nationals, so you know the level of flying required to compete. You don't need to match the guys from Mandrin, but being able to dock on any axis is a must.

Send me an e-mail at davelepka@hotmail.com if you're interested. Feel free to pass my e-mail along to anyone else you can think of who might be interested."

Offline mandalynn

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 10:43:56 am »
OK, so you're trying to get everyone to jump at Midwest Freefall and you're jumping in Ohio? Is there going to be a Skydive Tecumseh this summer? :shock:
'm here

Offline Chrissy

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 09:43:45 am »
Quote from: "mandalynn"
OK, so you're trying to get everyone to jump at Midwest Freefall and you're jumping in Ohio? Is there going to be a Skydive Tecumseh this summer? :shock:

Sorry, I didn't make that very clear.  No, I am actually on a super hot team that will be training at Skydive Tecumseh!  I was just passing along some info someone sent me that they are looking for one more team member for their Ohio team.
And I am always more than happy to pass along info about Midwest, they have always been great promoters of the sport, which in turn, helps out every local dz in the state.

Offline Allison

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 09:53:52 am »
So who else is on your super hot team at Tecumseh?

Offline mandalynn

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 05:15:15 pm »
Quote from: "Chrissy"

Sorry, I didn't make that very clear.  No, I am actually on a super hot team that will be training at Skydive Tecumseh!  I was just passing along some info someone sent me that they are looking for one more team member for their Ohio team.
And I am always more than happy to pass along info about Midwest, they have always been great promoters of the sport, which in turn, helps out every local dz in the state.

Ya, just messin, but you were sounding weird with those two posts.  :lol: Anything can be taken out of context when it's read. :wink:
'm here

Offline Chrissy

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 08:48:45 pm »
Quote from: "Chrissy"

Ya, just messin, but you were sounding weird with those two posts.  :lol: Anything can be taken out of context when it's read. :wink:

:D   yeah, I guess I shouldn't have posted in such a hurry, that's how rumors get started!!  :lol:

Offline Chrissy

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 08:50:02 pm »
Quote from: "Allison"
So who else is on your super hot team at Tecumseh?

It will be myself, Kristen and Marshall flying video.   :D   Whooohooo, so excited!