Author Topic: Choosing Gear (especially canopies)  (Read 11324 times)

Offline Allison

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Choosing Gear (especially canopies)
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 12:18:54 am »
Quote from: "Chrissy"

So the winter will be a great time for you to read read read!!   :)  Allison posted some great links about wing loading, check those out.  I would wait until the spring to figure out what size canopy to get, get some more jumps under your belt, keep on working on your accuracy and landings with the student gear.  See how things go under a 190 and go from there.  Next time you go climbing, lets chat about it  :)

Mark has assured me we will have a 190ish student rig next year, which should help with decisions such as this one.

Offline Galvar

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
  • Gigity
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 06:50:23 am »
Cool! thanks very much. I am heading to Texas to jump for a few days. I will be trying a few different canopies and enjoying the warm weather and great barbeque.
I wish Franz and Paul R would stop fighting over me. I mean thier both Fugly!

Offline Nic

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 06:16:27 pm »
Quote from: "Allison"
Quote from: "Chrissy"

So the winter will be a great time for you to read read read!!   :)  Allison posted some great links about wing loading, check those out.  I would wait until the spring to figure out what size canopy to get, get some more jumps under your belt, keep on working on your accuracy and landings with the student gear.  See how things go under a 190 and go from there.  Next time you go climbing, lets chat about it  :)

Mark has assured me we will have a 190ish student rig next year, which should help with decisions such as this one.

190ish student rig? HOW EXCITING!!!
Be happy for this moment, for this moment is your life.