Author Topic: Coach jumps  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Rhanold

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
  • Will someone PLEASE tell me what is going on?!?!
Coach jumps
« on: June 12, 2006, 05:44:50 pm »
I want to thank Sporto for the coach jumps this past weekend. I  only got the opertunity to do 2 of them but I feel as if I progressed immensley. And I now have a base to start working on. I highley recommend if you have the opportunity to get coach jumps you take it.

MissAnn1320

Re: Coach jumps
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 12:43:30 pm »
Quote from: "Rhanold"
I want to thank Sporto for the coach jumps this past weekend. I  only got the opertunity to do 2 of them but I feel as if I progressed immensley. And I now have a base to start working on. I highley recommend if you have the opportunity to get coach jumps you take it.

I totally want to... Anything I need to do before I venture out on a coach jump?  I.E like try to stay up for like 8 second or something?

Offline Chrissy

• Regulars & Staff
  • Soapbox in back pocket
Coach jumps
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 01:35:06 pm »
While I do agree that Sporto is a great coach, I would work on some more of your belly skills first before trying freeflying.  In freeflying things happen at a much great speed and it is best to get some fundamental belly skills developed before working on freefly skills.

Offline sporto

• Regulars & Staff
  • Has more than 2 cents
    • http://GD-2.com
Coach jumps
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 05:42:55 pm »
All opinions will be diffrent, but my opinion is for you to get to a point that you are comfortable with being on your belly. I say that because all of our gear is designed to open in a belly to earth attitude at 120 MPH. Being able to get to your belly and be in control is very important. But i also believe that the earlier you start freeflying, the better of a body pilot you will become. Remember your goal should be to become a total body pilot, not a "bellyflyer" not a "freeflyer" but a total body pilot. :D